- Sally Winston | Martin N. Seif
- 1 Hour 56 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 22, 2019
Some anxious clients have such an overpowering need to know they’re not making a mistake, missing something important, or thinking or feeling something wrong, that they constantly seek reassurance from therapists, family, friends, doctors, and the internet. Most compulsive reassurance seeking attempts to answer unanswerable questions, solve unsolvable problems, or know for sure something that’s unknowable. In fact, reassurance often works backwards with clients who suffer from generalized anxiety disorder or OCD, actually increasing distress. Rather than helping them to achieve greater certainty, the best approach is to teach them how to tolerate uncertainty.
Recognize covert and subtle compulsive reassurance seeking in a clinical setting.
- We will describe productive and unproductive reassurance types, including hidden, implicit, deduced and empty subtypes as well as checking compulsions.
- We will illustrate how reassurance junkies present in the clinical setting, often as “neurotic”, or with generalized anxiety, depression, low self-esteem or poor confidence, needy or dependent with case vignettes.
Distinguish responses that reinforce obsessive worry from those that reduce it.
- We will show how reassurance can serve as negative reinforcement, driving the OCD cycle and maintaining obsessive worries.
- We will introduce a detailed classification system for reassurance traps, including Do No Harm, Always Do Right, Guarantees Forever and Banish All Doubts.
- We will discuss and define the three voices of the mind.
Implement evidence-informed treatment strategies which avoid inadvertent empty or unproductive reassurance.
- We will show how a meta-cognitive and acceptance-based approach interferes with the “addictive” cycle of reassurance seeking.
- We will demonstrate how to implement exposure and response prevention interventions which withdraw the patient from unproductive reassurance.
Apply strategies to increase tolerance for uncertainty.
- We will supply metaphors and stories that communicate the attitude of mindful acceptance that is an essential component of recovery.
- We will offer ways to withhold reassurance without sacrificing compassion.
Increase mindful awareness of unproductive self-talk which masquerades as self-comfort, rational refutation and problem-solving.
- We will show, using descriptions of internal dialogues, how many typical self-help and cognitive behavioral interventions can simply perpetuate the worry cycle by promoting paradoxical effort, entanglement with content and further reassurance-seeking.
Sally Winston, PsyD Related seminars and products: 2
Anxiety and Stress Disorders Institute of Maryland
Sally Winston, PsyD, cofounded and codirects the Anxiety and Stress Disorders Institute of Maryland. She’s the inaugural recipient of the national Jerilyn Ross Award of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America. She’s the coauthor of What Every Therapist Needs to Know about Anxiety Disorders and Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts.
Martin N. Seif, PhD, ABPP Related seminars and products: 2
Martin Seif, PhD, ABPP, cofounded the Anxiety and Depression Association of America. He’s associate director of the Anxiety and Phobia Treatment Center at White Plains Hospital and a faculty member of New York Presbyterian Hospital/Cornell Medical School. He’s the coauthor of What Every Therapist Needs to Know about Anxiety Disorders and Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts.
Here’s What You’ll Get in Sally Winston, Martin N. Seif – Treating the Reassurance Junkie
Course Requirement: Sally Winston, Martin N. Seif – Treating the Reassurance Junkie
Real Value: $59
One time cost: USD 22
Check more original content of Sally Winston, Martin N. Seif – Treating the Reassurance Junkie
Frequently Asked Questions For “Sally Winston, Martin N. Seif – Treating the Reassurance Junkie”
How to make payment for “Sally Winston, Martin N. Seif – Treating the Reassurance Junkie” ?
- Please add to cart on this page and go to checkout page. You can also add as many other products as you like and make a one-time payment.
- We accept several type of Stripe payments such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, Google Pay, Apple Pay and JCB, payments from customers worldwide. Paypal & Bitcoin please contact us.
- We strongly recommend our customers to make a payment through Stripe & Paypal . Because it is a safest and super security for you as well as for us.
Is it safe?
- Encryption of sensitive data and communication.
- All card numbers are encrypted at rest with AES-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate hosting environment, and doesn’t share or save any info.
How can we deliver you the course?
How long do I have access to the course?
How to download “Sally Winston, Martin N. Seif – Treating the Reassurance Junkie” ?
- Enjoy “Sally Winston, Martin N. Seif – Treating the Reassurance Junkie” in your account page.
- Download only one file at a time. Sometimes doing all of the files at once will lead to them all freezing.
- Also, please do not attempt to download to a mobile device. These should be saved to a computer and then synced to devices such as phones and tablets.
- You can also learn online instead of downloading, but we encourage you to download for better results and viewing quality during your learn. Lastly, download times are much quicker in the mornings, before noon, Pacific time. during download make sure your device is not sleeping off screen.
What is the refund policy “Sally Winston, Martin N. Seif – Treating the Reassurance Junkie”?
- We’ll Bear The Risk, You’ll Take The Results…
- Within 30 days of purchased | |, if you don’t get anything out of the program, or if your order has any problem, or maybe for some reason, you just don’t like the way it is. Please contact us and we will do our best to assist. Thank you for your understanding.
Have More Questions?
Our support staff is the best by far! please do not hesitate to contact us at email: [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help!
You want to get “Sally Winston, Martin N. Seif – Treating the Reassurance Junkie” now right?!!!
YES! I’M READY TO ADD TO CART BUTTON ON THIS PAGE NOW !